Facebook

Derp

The Jetman has something to say about the crap that's going on lately. SERIOUSLY?! Yup.

From EXC to ACX: Why the transformation

Posted by JETZ.acx On Saturday, December 12, 2009 0 comments

Some of you are still wondering why I changed my nickname from EXC to ACX. This blog post will go through detail around how did EXC went what I call “Rise and fall”.

Alright, I think it’s common knowledge that EXC is practically short for “Excalibur Chronicles”. It was a small, theatric-like parody in which we, the four warriors of light (and darkness – it’s silly I know), went on a journey to whatever the reason was. It was a mindless quest full of monsters, boss battles, and plenty of black humor around the spot. I have to admit, though – even I find it too much of a failure to be true. The reason behind it is that we all four (that is me and four other friends of mine) dived in to write the chapters, while I gave it the finishing touches.

Now then, the idea sounds quirky yet intriguing, and if I continued alone, it would be a pretty darn funny parody. However, some of the ideas in it that weren’t mine were simply…out of place. The constant arguing with the Narrator was one of the major flaws; I never intended to break the fourth wall, at least not so often, but one of my friends wanted it EVERY SINGLE CHAPTER. At the start of it. I don’t find it that funny now that I read it again today. There was also issues concerning a interconnecting storyline; every chapter ended with a boss battle that ended with a victory pose, but there was no main villain or any major goal to seek out. Finally, the characters were a bit unbalanced in my tastes; one was a badass gunner with blue mage skills, another was a warrior/thief hybrid, another was a “holy demon” (I’m betting this was a lame attempt to combine two ideas in one – Ravenstyles will understand this one), and the last one was a scholar possessed by a demon. The problem is that everyone could pull out magic out of nowhere, even use swords they could not manage to use.

Needless to say, I wanted to reboot the whole thing and start from scratch…until certain “happenings” occurred.

As of today, all four members of the EXC are separated in one or other way. Kristian (the holy demon) moved out of town just as I left high school. Wigie (the scholar aka Darkhand) had to stay one more year in school. Sando and I (the warrior/thief hybrid and gunner, respectively) went to college together, remaining as the EXC survivors. Now then, what really happened?

The drama bomb was dropped right after Wigie entered Anicardios (our small groupie at that time made into a personal forum). Tons of things happened that I don’t wanna say right now, but needless to say, we were awkwardly viewed. At the end, Wigie became somewhat of an archnemesis for me. To this day, I still talk to him, but it’s so rare that I don’t even remember the last time we saw our faces again. Kristian…sadly to say, he hasn’t matured enough to remain as a loyal friend for me. Sure, he has some good ideas, but sometimes his point of view collide with mines (and with others as well), and he’s never willing to try other options. So it’s kind of depressing that right now he’s not really my close friend anymore.

And what about Sando? Well he’s been my only close friend at college so far…yet more unfortunate news came to my head upon hearing from him that he’s flunking some of his classes again. He was on probation this semester, meaning that he had to get it right or else he would be expulsed from the college. Having his laptop stolen certainly doesn’t help anything at all… I know it’s still too soon to say that he’s leaving for good, as this next week is the final exams and he might end up doing it all quick. But as I saw his face a few times, I knew he was no longer the cheerful happy-go-lucky dude that started college back then.

So why change to ACX? Well EXC is the connection between the original story, but why even bother using it if none of my friends are in it anymore? I am, however, in Anicardios Crew. Like I said a number of times, AC includes a few more people besides me and Raven (the problem is that you’ll never know who they are since they hide in the shadows XD). So why not switching in that direction? So instead of using .exc, I changed it to .acx (the X now means “A variable; the one that can change anything”), thus imposing my connection to AcA.

I’m still JETZ, though! So don’t think for a second that I have changed my personality. Whether you love me or hate me, I am who I am, and when I’m in my turf, I’ll do whatever I please! WHO WANTS SOME MO’ BISCUITS?!

0 comments:

Post a Comment